Wildlife Railway Photo Competition 2023
The Keighley and Worth Valley Railway is looking for great photos of the wildlife that shares the valley with our railway. Many will be familiar with the life that abounds along the line, and our objective is to add interest to inform and educate our members, visitors, and local neighbours. It’s soon to be Spring with much activity and young to be seen along the line.
Later in the year, we will publish an information leaflet and guide to our wildlife with, hopefully, great shots of wildlife, large, small, furry, feathered, and indeed, anything else that lives here, whatever it is. The rarer and more unusual, the better, but it’s the photo image that will be judged the winners!
- Prizes will be vouchers valid for use on the Railway for travel, in the station shops, or for KWVR events.
- Also, a £10 voucher to the photographer of every photograph entry used in any KWVR publication.
- There will be no cash alternative to vouchers.
HOW TO ENTER
You can submit as many of your own photographs as you want; please ensure to submit these details with your entry.
- Full Name
- Contact Details
- Date Taken
- Photo location, as accurate as possible
- Any other interesting information about the photograph, weather conditions, time of day, other wildlife activity, etc?
- Photos should be submitted to the Railway by emailing high-resolution digital images to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The closing date is 31st May 2023.
- Judging will be carried out very early in June by members of the KWVR Environmental Group. Prize winners will be notified promptly.