Cheap Train Fares for Local Residents
If you live in the Keighley or Worth Valley area with a BD20, BD21 or BD22 then get a Local Residents Railcard for travel on the KWVR and enjoy the following privileges the Railcard gives you
- Up to 50% off Standard Rail Fares
- 10% discount, on the Buffet Car on the train (valid from 26th Dec)
- Take the train to Keighley to go shopping – avoid road congestion and parking problems
- Why not visit Haworth for a visit to Main Street, or for a pleasant walk in the country?
- A great trip out for all the family – great fun for kids!
- Or simply travel on the train enjoying a pint of Real Ale in our Award-Winning Buffet Car
- Free parking at most stations
- Space for shopping, prams and bikes – all carried free!
- Trains at convenient times
Since the line re-opened in 1968 the KWVR has very much been part of the local community, although primarily a tourist railway for visitors to the area. For many years, however, the KWVR has operated a scheme whereby those people who live local to the railway can get a discount on the price of their tickets – thereby really becoming a community railway.