General Terms and Conditions when buying or booking tickets in advance either online, or direct via our offices in person, by phone or by email.
These conditions apply from Friday 19th July 2019.
1. Please quote your booking reference number in all communications with us.
2. For some larger or group bookings, or specific booking types, The Company reserves the right to charge a non-returnable deposit. If this is the case, you will be notified when making your booking.
3. All group and party bookings should be confirmed by email or letter. Any request to change the date, time, or numbers for group and party bookings must be given in writing no less than 7 days prior to travel, or a charge will be made.
4. Tickets for special trains such as Haworth Haddock, Santa Specials, Excursions etc, may be cancelled and refunded as below:
Up to 30 days prior to the booking date: Bookings can be partly or fully cancelled and refunded, but a cancellation fee of 10% of the value of the cancellation – but not less than £10 – will apply.
Less than 30 days prior to the booking date: No refunds will be made.
Bookings can be changed to another date,subject to availability, up to 7 days prior to the booking date. An amendment fee of £3.50 will apply. If you move your booking to a date or class of travel where higher fares apply then you will need to pay any difference in price. If lower priced fares apply then we will not refund the first £10 or 10% (whichever is higher) of any difference. Bookings amended cannot subsequently be refunded.
5. Day Rover Tickets purchased online are non-refundable however the date may be amended prior to the booked date of travel, subject to availability, and will incur an amendment fee of £3.50. You will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to amend your booking. If a higher fare applies on the date you move your booking to, then you will need to pay any additional charge when you collect your tickets.
6. Tickets booked in advance via our office, either in person, via email or over the telephone will incur a Booking Fee of £3.50. No booking fee applies for online bookings.
Some tickets cannot be booked via the office and can only be booked online.
The booking fee does not apply when the required tickets or products are not available online, for example Coach Operators or School Parties, or Footplate Experience days.
7. No tickets will be issued until payment has been received in full, or other payment arrangements agreed with our office, such as an Invoice to a Company.
8. KWVR will not take responsibility for delayed arrival or non-attendance by any visitor. We will be under no obligation to offer any refund if you fail to arrive on time for a time specific booking, or if your visit is cancelled due to factors outside our control.
9. We reserve the right to curtail or cancel any special trains or event for any operational or other exceptional reason at any time. Should your time specific booked train or event be cancelled by us, we will endeavour to offer an alternative time on the same day. If this is not possible a full refund will be made, but no other liability will be incurred by us.
10. Please bring a copy of your confirmation email or booking reference number with you. You will need your reference number in order to collect your tickets or take your seats.
For most visits and journeys tickets must be collected from a station ticket office before boarding a train, unless otherwise stated in your confirmation email. The email or reference number cannot normally be used to travel on the train, so please allow sufficient time to collect your tickets before you travel. Tickets cannot be collected at Damems station or from the ticket inspectors on the train.
11. For special trains, every effort will be made to ensure that the advertised routing, locomotive(s), coaching stock, timings and other particulars will be as published. However, please note that the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway reserve the right to alter these at any time due to exceptional circumstances and as a result accepts no responsibility and will not incur any liability to any person who has bought, or contracted to buy, tickets.
12. If you purchase Member/Resident Card or Concession tickets, you must show your membership / resident card(s), or your proof of entitlement to the concession / child fares in order to collect your tickets. If you do not provide valid proof of entitlement your tickets will not be issued and you may need to purchase new tickets to travel. Keighley & Worth Valley Railway has no obligation to offer any exchange or refund of the original tickets.
13. All tickets are issued subject to the Conditions of Carriage and Byelaws of the Keighley & Worth Valley Light Railway Limited, copies of which can be inspected at any ticket office.
14. Keighley & Worth Valley Railway reserves the right to amend these conditions at any time, and without giving any notice.
Download a copy of these Terms & Conditions HERE.