Background to the role
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team at the KWVR as a carriage cleaner. We pride ourselves on providing excellent facilities for our visitors and this role will ensure that the carriages our visitors travel in are of the highest standard. Working at our Oxenhope carriage depot you will prepare the inside of the train before it is used for the day along with other associated tasks.
About the KWVR
Purpose of the Job
To carry out cleaning and servicing tasks on heritage carriages and therefore providing our visitors with a clean environment to travel in.
- Working to the instruction of the Operations Manager. Carry out delegated cleaning duties in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Use of specialist cleaning chemicals and equipment
- Ensure compliance with processes and procedures.
- Work as a team with other staff and volunteers to maximise outputs.
Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training
- Knowledge and experience of cleaning procedure
- Use of specialist chemicals.
- Basic communication skills both written and oral.
- COSHH awareness & compliance
- PTS or Depot Safety, as applicable
- First Aid at Work
- Off Peak – Weekend mornings, 2 -3 hours per day.
- Peak (school holidays and June – September) – 5 days a week, mornings with a rotating roster – 10 – 15 hours a week.
- Free travel on the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway
- Discounts in Retail and catering outlets
To apply please provide a CV and covering letter to email@example.com