Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in Marketing and Publicity?
We are the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway, a leading tourist attraction in West Yorkshire, running heritage steam trains in the heart of Brontë Country.
There is an opportunity to join our evolving business as a Marketing and Communications Coordinator. We are looking for someone with bags of enthusiasm, an eye for detail and is experienced in the modern world of marketing and communications.
As a core member of our team you will be responsible for delivery of Print and Online marketing alongside coordinating internal and external communications. You will also work as part of our customer service team when necessary to deliver excellent customer service to our visitors.
This is a great opportunity to help shape the future of this mainly volunteer operated charity.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in a marketing/communications role or have been educated to a degree level in the subject. Excellent written and communications skills and strong organisational skills are essential.
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
To help grow the KWVR’s business by delivering the Railway’s publicity material in line with the Marketing & Commercial Strategy and Publicity Plan. The Marketing and Communications coordinator will be encouraged to contribute to the initiation and development of new business opportunities and to explore new marketing and publicity channels.
The role-holder will be an integral member of the Railway’s day-to-day customer/passenger service and administration delivery team.
At all times to respect and value the work of the Railway’s volunteer workforce by enthuse and engage volunteers to support and help deliver the Railway’s Marketing and Commercial Development Strategy.
40 hours per week, including weekends.
Marketing and Publicity
- To deliver the Railway’s Publicity Plan
- To be responsible for coordinating day-to-day the Railway’s online activities including websites and social media channels and contributing to such channels in accordance with the Railway’s Publicity Plan.
- To be responsible for the collation, design and production of all company marketing materials and advertising with appropriate levels of approval and oversight to be agreed for such activities
- To deliver all aspects of the Railway’s publicity, marketing and promotional activities in line with the Railway’s Publicity Plan.
- Actively encourage more volunteers to assist with publicity activities.
- Identify suitable marketing projects/roles for volunteers
- Work with the KWVR volunteer liaison officer to integrate volunteers into the team
- Suggest new marketing strategies for existing and new events and offers on the Railway to help increase demand.
- To undertake liaison with local, regional and national tourism associations and other organisations and enlarging awareness of the KWVR in conjunction with the Marketing and Commercial Manager.
- To be a key member of the KWVR Marketing team (which will include both paid staff and volunteer members).
- To achieve frequent, timely and positive media coverage across all available media.
- To conduct market research in conjunction with the Marketing and Commercial Manager in order to help identify market and customer requirements, and develop strategies to communicate with them.
- To travel to trade shows, conferences, meetings and to give presentations as and when required.
- Contribute to the delivery of special events as necessary.
Customer Service Support (relief cover)
- Answer telephone, email, post and in-person enquiries as required in a skilled, engaging and appropriately customer-focused manner.
- Be part of the administration team to deliver excellent customer service seven days per week.
- Carry out general administrative tasks as required including dealing with advance-bookings for special trains and events.
|For further details of the post on offer contact email@example.com|
- Photoshop or In Design Experience
- Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Facebook Ads experience
- Understanding and experience in Google Analytics
- Knowledge of how to run PPC campaigns, alongside SEO and interpretation of digital analytics.
- Competent with use of Mailchimp
- Understanding of and experience in WordPress
- A clear understanding of social media-based marketing
- Excellent interpersonal skills both written and oral
- Excellent IT skills
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Good analytical, planning and organisational skills
- Previous experience in the development of marketing strategies
- Researching new ideas, being up to date with current affairs and news ready to spot an opportunity for good coverage at short notice
- Evaluate and report on the success and effectiveness of campaigns.
- Knowledge of a variety of social media platforms as well as SEO knowledge
|To apply send your CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org|