No. 1704 ‘Nunlow’ was built in 1938 by Hudswell Clarke & Co. Ltd, of Leeds to an order from G & T Earle Cement Manufacturers for use at their works at Hope in Derbyshire. It continued to work for Earle’s until 1964 when it was put into store after being replaced by diesels.
In 1969 it was purchased by the Bahamas Locomotive Society for £500 and arrived at Dinting Railway Centre in time for the Society’s first Easter Steam Weekend. No. 1704 was put into service, giving footplate rides every Sunday throughout the season.
On closure of the Dinting centre, 1704 moved permanently to Ingrow in 2003 when the BLS took over the old Midland goods shed. After overhaul the locomotive returned to steam in 2008 and could be seen occasional be seen at work on Worth Valley trains, especially on Gala weekends.
Nunlow’s boiler certificate expired in April 2018 and the locomotive has been withdrawn for overhaul.