Our Steam Gala is returning for 2020, Friday 6th March – Sunday 8th March.
Despite variable weather at this time of year, our Spring Steam Gala have proved hugely popular and very successful as, in recent times, the Railway played host to a variety of locomotives including LNER B1 Class 4-6-0 61264, LMS ‘Crab’ 2-6-0 13065, ‘Britannia’ 7MT 4-6-2 70013 ‘Oliver Cromwell, SDJR 2-8-0 53808, ‘Black 5’ 4-6-0 44871 and in 2019, BR Class 2MT 46521 from the Great Central Railway.
The details of a visiting locomotive are still being finalised and will be announced in due course. As well as a ‘visitor’, a selection from the home fleet will be in action
- BR Ivatt 2MT 2-6-2T 41241
- BR Standard 2MT 2-6-0 78022
- USATC S160 2-8-0 “Big Jim” No.5820
- LMS ‘Jubilee’ 4-6-0 45596 ‘Bahamas (Courtesy of Bahamas Loco Society)
- LMS ‘Black 5’ Class 5MT 4-6-0 45212
- Midland Railway 0-6-0 4F 43924
- Taff Vale Railway Class O2 0-6-2T no. 85
- Grafton Steam Crane will be in steam and operating in Oakworth Yard
The event will feature an intensive passenger service featuring a variety of our coaching stock including:
- BR Mark 1 open coaches
- BR Mark 1 suburban coaches
- 1924 built Southern Railway ‘Chatham’ Brake, no. 3554
- L&Y vintage carriages including the ‘gentleman’s club carriage’ and other prestige vehicles (Friday only).
- Demonstration freight train
- Real ale bar on board
- Double Heading
- Behind the scenes tours
- Trade Stands
Public and working timetables will be released approximately four weeks prior to the event.