BRITISH RAILWAYS MARK 1 OPEN CORRIDOR COACH
When you travel on a normal service train on the KWVR it is likely you will travel in one of 2 types of British Railways Mark 1 coach. This type of Mark 1 coach, is probably the most used in preservation as it offers comfortable passenger accommodation for families. The seating is arranged in groups of 4 seats per bay at either side of an open gangway running through the centre of the coach. Access to other coaches is possible through connections at each end.
The railway has a working fleet of 6 open coaches, designated TSO by BR, but with the possibility that one or more may be in the Carriage & Wagon Shop at Oxenhope for routine maintenance or overhaul. A seventh open coach, numbered W1013, and the oldest Mark 1 in preservation, was built as a Restaurant Car to run paired with a Kitchen Car for dining passengers and, although sometimes used on service trains, its regular duty is as a Restaurant Car on ‘The White Rose’ Pullman.
- The cost of the carriage includes a Day Rover Ticket for all your guests, therefore no additional tickets need to be purchased.
- Everyone in your group must commence and end their journey at the same station.
- The cost of drinks is additional to the cost of the hire.
- Each carriage seats up to 64 people
- Price includes a full day hire during the allotted timetable.
Prices Start From…
Bookings are charged per day plus any catering requirements requested.
- Weekends during off-peak periods: £800
- Weekends during peak periods: £1000
- Weekdays: £600
- For catering options please click here.
Please note that weekday bookings are only allocated on coloured dates on the timetable, dates marked in white are unavailable. Peak dates are those marked inside a yellow box on the time table attached here.