The Railway is asking in these unprecedented times every Society member (whether an officer of the Society, working, life or annual member) to make a financial donation of as much as they can afford in order to ensure the future of the Railway in its current form. If every one of its 3,847 members donates an average £50 then the appeal raises £192,350 and with Gift Aid attached becomes worth £240,438 to the Railway. For the price of a dozen pints of beer every member has the opportunity to help to see the Railway through this difficult period which is not of its own making. Help us to ensure we can continue running trains through the Worth Valley.
The Railway appreciates that this is a big ask and it is more than willing to provide an incentive through rewarding all participants.
- Every member donating over £15 will receive a unique enamel Benefactors’ Badge to be worn with pride at all times on the Railway.
- Every member donating £50 or more will be entered into a prize draw to win two seats on a Pullman Dining Experience in 2021.
- Every member donating £200 or more will also be invited to a Chairman’s Benefactors’ Day event in summer 2021 to include full access tours, talks from the Chairman, rides in vintage stock, and a dining train serving an included afternoon tea.
- Every member donating £450 or more will in addition become entitled to a unique steam footplate ride from Keighley to Oxenhope during summer 2021.
- Every member donating £1000 (or £750 for existing life members) or more will also receive life membership of the Society and their invitation to the Chairman’s Benefactors’ Day will be upgraded to a small VIP group hosted by the Chairman (or other director) and travelling the Railway in the Old Gentleman’s Saloon (or similar) with a full included lunch at our new Old Parcels Office bistro.
Government guidelines are, understandably, currently unclear on either the length or form of future social distancing. It may, therefore, be that we are unable to operate a full year of services in 2021. Should this be the case, the benefits of your donation may be delayed to 2022 or even beyond.
We are sure you would understand, should the need arise to delay your benefit to a future year, due to the restrictions being placed upon us.
We would really appreciate it if, as a UK taxpayer, you could add Gift Aid to your donation. The form can be found on page 8. It adds 25% to the value of your donation and at no cost to yourself. We are therein seeking your email address at this time in order that we can simply acknowledge your donation electronically and then use this form of communication to keep you advised of all Railway developments.
We’re here ready to help!
If you would like to talk to a member of our team about your donation, please call:
and a member of the KWVR will be on hand to give you the assistance you require.