The Keighley and Worth Valley Railway are seeking a highly motivated and passionate individual who can drive the commercial element of the Railway in a strong marketing capacity.
Are you creative; passionate; full of determination; drive, and ambition? Then this might be the role for you.
Post Covid 19, the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway has big plans to come back bigger and stronger than ever, as well as expanding an already dedicated team of Volunteers who are committed to running events and daily services. We have all walks of life including children, couples, families, grandparents, enthusiasts, dogs and so on visiting us yearly.
We are seeking a Marketing Officer who has the relevant skills to drive the Marketing Strategy for the Railway. This could be the perfect role for a fresh graduate who is wanting to make a clear head start in Marketing or someone who has some Marketing Experience and wants to work for unique business. You don’t need to have lots of experience, just passion, determination, and a thirst for success. You don’t necessarily need to know lots about Railways but have the enthusiasm to learn and progress. Let’s face it, this isn’t exactly your 9 to 5 city office job now, is it? Due to the nature of some of our events, we need someone who is flexible and happy to work some weekends.
We need someone who is proactive and creative in their thinking. Some who is ambitious and not afraid to speak up and share their thoughts and ideas (we do have some crazy ideas sometimes!) We strive for the best in what we do and want someone who isn’t afraid to get stuck in. We have successfully run a variety of new and imaginative events including Dinosaurs, Elf Express, Alice in Wonderland, Pullman Dining, Cream Teas and Easter Egg Hunts to name a few. As well as many more coming up over the next 18 months. We know these events work and want someone who can confidently help in generating new ideas as well as market events positively for the Railway.
We rely heavily on passionate and dedicated volunteers who work all over the Railway from bars, shops, firing, driving, guarding, stations staff, signalling as well as our special events teams too. We need someone who can work with a variety of different individuals easily and confidently, transitioning across all areas. Many of our volunteers give up hours of their time to help run the Railway. Given so many do, we must have a good social element too.
– To deliver the marketing and publicity strategy in line with the marketing budget, coordinating volunteers and other staff as necessary.
– To undertake responsibility for attracting people to the railway through various means.
– To have oversight of the Company’s general presence including, Website, social media, Local Advertisement, Printed Media including posters, flyers, leaflets and so on.
o Proactive to think outside of the box and use new methods to drive new business and attract new customers.
– To be responsible for oversight of collation, design and production of all company marketing materials and advertising.
– To contribute to the development of the Company Business Plan.
– To manage, lead and coordinate all aspects of marketing and promotional activities.
– Encourage more volunteers to assist with publicity activities.
– Develop new marketing strategies for new events and offers as well as improve existing ones.
– Ensure that all events are promoted on relevant platforms and in a timely manor to ensure maximum returns.
– Great literacy and creative writing skills.
– Ability to promote new events using, literate, visual and audio logical methods.
– Ability to work alone or collaboratively with other team members or departments.
– Great communication skills both verbally and written.
– Ability to generate and build relationships not only internally but externally with volunteers and the public alike.
– Be a key Team Player, have fun and enjoy what you do! If you enjoy what you do, you won’t work a day in your life!