DON’T BLINK……DON’T BREATHE……AND DEFINITELY DON’T RUN!!
19th & 20th February 2020 | Oxenhope Exhibition Shed |
Advance Booking only for Ranger Training
Get up close with an animatronic 8ft T-Rex and mischievous Raptor, and join our experts as they teach you how to be a dinosaur ranger. There’ll be cute baby dinosaurs for those not quite brave enough to meet the bigger boys, and live reptiles waiting to meet you too.
See the Oxenhope Exhibition Shed transformed back to the Jurassic era, ride in specially decorated carriages and enjoy spotting the dinosaur eggs at each station. Don’t forget to pick up your activity sheet on arrival.
- All day access to the Jurassic experience at Oxenhope.
- Meet a giant T-Rex and Raptor, get close to the baby dinosaurs, and handle live reptiles.
- Unlimited steam train rides. Click HERE to see the timetable.
- Free dinosaur activity sheet for each child.
- Access to the Dino Wound Hospital at Ingrow Station between 11am-3pm. Let our make-up artists apply gory dino wounds, face-paints or glitter tattoos to you. Free
- Ranger training camp is an optional extra – sorry, sold out.
Food and drink is available to purchase from the Exhibition Shed and Buffet car at Oxenhope. Drinks and snacks are also available from our on-train bar on some steam hauled services (see timetable). A pop up shop will be open during the event.
The newly opened cafe at Keighley Station, The Old Parcels Office, will be offering 10% discount off food and drink to all Dino Rover Ticket holders.
Jurassic Experience Times
- 9.35am to 9.55am – Meet the babies
- 10am to 10.30am – See our T-Rex
- 11.30am to 11.50am – Meet the babies
- 11.55am to 12.25pm – See our Raptor
- 1.35pm to 1.55pm – Meet the babies
- 1.50pm to 2.20pm – See our Raptor
- 3.10pm to 3.30pm – Meet the babies
- 3.30pm to 4pm – See our T-Rex
Live reptile handling will be available throughout the day.
Times are subject to change on the day.
How do we get there?
It’s easy to reach us by car, bus or train, for details see www.kwvr.co.uk/find-us
If you’ll be arriving by car, please note that our half-term events are always very popular and we recommend allowing plenty of time for parking as spaces are limited. You can park at any of the KWVR car parks below (subject to availability) and ride the steam train to Oxenhope. Please see our Jurassic Specials timetable for train times.
Oxenhope, BD22 9LB (free parking)
Haworth, BD22 8NJ (£3 per day)
Ingrow, BD21 5AX (free parking)
Entry to the Exhibition Shed is by Dino Rover Ticket only.
Children (5-15 inclusive) £9
Under 5’s are free
Ranger training camp is now sold out but you will still be able to enjoy the rest of the activities on offer with a Dino Day Rover.
Member and local railcard tickets are not valid on these special event days.
Sorry, no dogs in the Exhibition Shed.
Please wrap up warm, gloves are recommended in the shed at this time of year.