October Half Term, 25th – 29th October 2021 | Oxenhope Exhibition Shed & Keighley|
Are you brave enough to get close to a giant T-Rex and Raptor?
Wrap up warm and step back in time for a roar-some adventure.
DON’T BLINK……DON’T BREATHE……AND DEFINITELY DON’T RUN!!
See the epic battle between an animatronic 8ft T-Rex and mischievous Raptor at Keighley. There’ll be cute baby dinosaurs for those not quite brave enough to meet the bigger boys, and live reptiles waiting for you too.
Don’t forget to pick up your activity sheet on arrival.
With restriction anticipated to still be in place, here are scenes from our Jurassic Specials event in February 2020 (weekjs before the Prime Minister announced we were all going into lockdown
All you need to know
- Round trip from Oxenhope.
- Reserved private family compartment on a steam train.
- See a giant T-Rex and Raptor battle it out at prehistoric Keighley, and see the baby dinosaurs and live reptiles.
- Children’s activity sheet.
- Photo opportunity to remember your visit.
Light snacks will be available to buy in the pop up café at Oxenhope Exhibition Shed. A pop up shop will sell a selection of dinosaur themed gifts and souvenirs.
Times & Prices
The timings and prices are still being finalised for the Jurassic Specials which depart Oxenhope everyday 25th & 29th October 2021.
The ticket price will be for a compartment for your exclusive use on your return journey from Oxenhope to Keighley Station and will be announced shortly.
As soon as final details are agreed be the first to know by signing up for our newsletter ‘Worth Knowing’, via the link below.
Health & Safety
Whilst we hope that the COVID-19 restrictions will be eased by Easter, we will continue to follow Government guidelines to make sure your visit to the KWVR is as safe as we can make it. The current COVID precautions are detailed below.
How we will ensure that the Railway is a safe place to visit?
- We have implemented enhanced cleaning regimes in line with government guidance. Each compartment will be fully cleaned before every journey, and hand sanitiser will be available at various locations.
- We’ve been working hard to make sure that the Railway’s a safe place to visit. We’re proud to have been awarded the ‘We’re Good to Go’ industry charter mark as a result.
- This shows that we’ve worked hard to follow Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines. It means you can be sure we have processes in place to maintain cleanliness and safety.
How will we enforce social distancing?
The safety of our passengers and staff is our main priority. On arrival at Oxenhope you’ll be welcomed into the spacious Exhibition Shed. Compartments will be called by number over the tannoy. Please wait until you hear your compartment before making your way to the platform. Our fully trained staff will open the compartment doors and will greet you at the end of the journey. Please remain seated until the door is opened. A one way system will be clearly marked out on the platform.
Will we need to wear a facemask?
Face masks aren’t compulsory when inside the private compartments as you’ll only be sharing with your household or linked household. The law requires a face covering to be worn in any indoor public building, this includes the Exhibition Shed. Unless you are exempt, please bring a covering to wear whilst inside the shed.