A magical new Spring adventure is coming to The Keighley and Worth Valley Railway in 2022
Join us for some family fun as we take a trip down the rabbit hole to meet Alice and her friends.
The railway will be transformed into an enchanted Wonderland where you can meet Alice, watch the Mad Hatter’s tea party and chase the White Rabbit.
Don’t forget to collect a jam tart from the Knave of Hearts, but watch out for the Queen of Hearts, she’ll want it back!
You’ll board the steam train at Oxenhope and travel to Keighley Station in your own private compartment, we’ll take a short break at Keighley before returning to Oxenhope.
Light snacks and Wonderland themed treats will be available to buy in the pop up café at Oxenhope Exhibition Shed
This is an experience that the Queen of Hearts will be proud of.
All you need to know!
Times & Prices
The timings and prices are still being finalised for The Wonderland Special later in 2021.
The ticket price will be for a compartment for your exclusive use on your return journey from Oxenhope to Keighley Station and will be announced shortly.
As soon as final details are agreed be the first to know by signing up for our newsletter ‘Worth Knowing’, via the link below.
What will be included
- Round trip from Oxenhope to Keighley and back.
- Reserved private family compartment on a steam train.
- Meeting Alice and her friends.
- Children’s activity sheet.
- Jam Tart.
- Photo opportunity to remember your visit.
Health & Safety
Whilst we hope that the COVID-19 restrictions will be eased by Easter, we will continue to follow Government guidelines to make sure your visit to the KWVR is as safe as we can make it. The current COVID precautions are detailed below.
How we will ensure that the Railway is a safe place to visit?
- We have implemented enhanced cleaning regimes in line with government guidance. Each compartment will be fully cleaned before every journey, and hand sanitiser will be available at various locations.
- We’ve been working hard to make sure that the Railway’s a safe place to visit. We’re proud to have been awarded the ‘We’re Good to Go’ industry charter mark as a result.
- This shows that we’ve worked hard to follow Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines. It means you can be sure we have processes in place to maintain cleanliness and safety.
How will we enforce social distancing?
The safety of our passengers and staff is our main priority. On arrival at Oxenhope you’ll be welcomed into the spacious Exhibition Shed. Compartments will be called by number over the tannoy. Please wait until you hear your compartment before making your way to the platform. Our fully trained staff will open the compartment doors and will greet you at the end of the journey. Please remain seated until the door is opened. A one way system will be clearly marked out on the platform.
Will we need to wear a facemask?
Face masks aren’t compulsory when inside the private compartments as you’ll only be sharing with your household or linked household. The law requires a face covering to be worn in any indoor public building, this includes the Exhibition Shed. Unless you are exempt, please bring a covering to wear whilst inside the shed.