Class 50 Footplate Experience – SOLD OUT
FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER WE ARE OFFERING YOU A CHANCE TO DRIVE A CLASS 50 LOCOMOTIVE ON THE KEIGHLEY & WORTH VALLEY RAILWAY
The KWVR offers you this unique opportunity to drive one of our visiting class 50 locomotives on the famous Keighley and Worth Valley Railway and to experience the thrill of being in control of a locomotive during the day.
The line passes through Haworth – famous for its connection with the literary Brontë family – and Oakworth – famous for its role in the film “The Railway Children” – on its way to Keighley where the Railway makes its connection with the mainline.
- Safety briefing before the session commences.
- Explanation of the controls of the locomotive by one of the qualified Drivers
- Travel in the cab:
- 1 light engine trip in the rear cab, whilst spending some time in the front observing how the locomotive works and is controlled
- 1 complete round trip (approx. 10 miles) at the ‘handle’ of the locomotive
- A round trip acting as the guard
- A total of 5 round trips with the class 50 locomotive at the helm
- Only 4 participants per experience
- You can bring along up to 4 guests who can travel in the carriages behind the locomotive free of charge (guests must be over the age of 5)
- Opportunities for photographs
- A presentation folder with a certificate and memento of your experience
To be able to take part, you must be between 18 and 75 years of age and in good health. If you are older than 75, you are required to provide us with a letter from your GP that deems you fit to take part.
You’ll need to wear stout footwear, boots (preferably steel toe cap) or walking shoes, trainers are not permitted on the engine. Old clothes are recommended as they are likely to get dirty whilst on the engine.
If you wish, you may bring up to four friends or family free of charge with you on the day. Your guests will be given a printout of details of the line to read at leisure during their journey along the line whilst the participant is enjoying themselves at the front.
Thursday 2nd May SOLD OUT
How To Book
To book or make an enquiry please email email@example.com or call 01535 645214.