The main festival site is at Oxenhope Station in the Exhibition Hall, where there will be the main Festival bar with 100 different cask conditioned beers, both local and from all around the country.
As well as the main bar, we are joined by 4 brewery bars, namely main event sponsors Kirkstall Brewery from Leeds, local brewers Bridgehouse and Goose Eye and from further afield Brass Castle from Malton. There will be over 130 varieties of beer available at Oxenhope alone.
- Main Event Sponsors – Kirkstall Brewery
Founded in 2011, inspired by the rich brewing history of Kirkstall dating back to the 12th Century
- Bridgehouse Brewery – Local Keighley brewery started in 2010 in the grounds of their flagship pub, The Airdale Heifer
- Goose Eye Brewery – founded in 1991 in the village of Goose Eye, this popular local brewery now brews in Crossflats.
- Brass Castle – brewing since 2011 and now based in Malton, North Yorkshire, have a claim to be UK’s foremost brewer of vegan and gluten-free craft beers.
However, this Festival is not just for the beer drinkers out there, we have something for everyone. There will be a specialist Cider bar at Oxenhope stocking over 30 different ciders from all over the UK, including draught ciders on keg and some very drinkable fruit ciders.
And we don’t leave out wine or gin drinkers; there will be a wine & gin bar provided by Martinez Wines of Ilkley, established in 1982 by husband & wife team John & Christine Martinez. They will be selling a fine selection of their white, red and rose wines along with the odd bottle of prosecco and artisan gins!
On Friday, Saturday & Sunday we will also have brewery bars at Ingrow, provided by:
- Old Spot Brewery established 2005 in Cullingworth, named after a sheep dog that used to live outside the brewery.
- Nightjar Brewery from over the hill in Mytholmroyd created by the team behind Slightly Foxed and established in 2011.
- Nomadic Beers, relative newcomers from Leeds, brewing since 2017
- Wishbone Brewery, brewing started in 2015 and is probably the nearest brewery to our Keighley terminus
We intend to have about 30 different beers available at Ingrow, both cask conditioned and CAMRA approved real ale served from KeyKegs. There will also be a small selection of traditional and fruit ciders on offer as well as the ever popular ‘Cocktail & Gin Shack’ provided by Bronte Bars and Events. organisers of the Gin Express event on the KWVR.
Bingley Brewery will also be joining us at Beer and Music and their bar on platform 4 at Keighley will be open between 1100 and 2030 on Friday & Saturday
Most trains will have a bar available on board so that you can purchase refreshments on the go!
Throughout Friday – Sunday there will be a two train sponsored passenger service, each hauled by one of our iconic steam locomotives:
- Ossett Brewery Express – sponsored by the Ossett Brewery group of companies which includes micro breweries Fernandes, Rat, Riverhead and Salt Beer Factory. A selection of Ossett Brewery group beers will be available on the train and from the main festival bar at Oxenhope.
- The Kirkstall Three Swords – sponsored by main event sponsor. Kirkstall Brewery, the on-train bar will be serving a selection tyheir beers.
In addition to all the above sponsors, we also have 2 further sponsors within the Festival event:
- Festival Glassware sponsors, Timothy Taylor Brewery – nationally renowned, needs no introduction, having brewed beer in Keighley since 1858
- Festival Programme sponsors, Copper Dragon – another local brewery, now brewing in Crosshills having moved from premises in Skipton.
KWVR would like to thank the breweries and drink suppliers shown below for their generous support of our 2019 Beer and Music Festival