Applicable restrictions during the current COVID pandemic
The KWVR is delighted that, after monumental efforts right across the Railway, not least negotiating our way through the latest COVID legislation, the 2020 season of festive trains, the Elf Express, gets underway tomorrow. If you are thinking of coming to the Railway over the Christmas season then we must make you aware of the restrictions that we are operating to and which in turn affect the photographer community. These restrictions will be rigorously enforced so we ask that our staff are not put in a position to take action in enforcing them.
- There will be NO access to any part of the Oxenhope Station area (including car parks) for anyone not carrying a ticket to travel on the Elf Express or who are working as part of the KWVR team. The Oxenhope Station area is that area on the Railway from the station entrance on Station Road in the south through to the public footpath that crosses the Railway as the line leaves the station to Haworth. (This does mean that the whole yard area is out of bounds.)
- There will be NO access to Keighley Station (named Kringle Town for the occasion) from public areas both Platforms to 3 and 4
- For the duration of COVID restrictions, Haworth Yard will only be accessible to those passed to work within the Yard.
- All other station platforms will be closed to the public
- All trains operate between Oxenhope and Keighley with NO intermediate station stops
We very much appreciate the contribution that the photographer fraternity makes to the Railway with imagery that we use in our publications and internet presence, but the Worth Valley is in Tier 3, and the conditions imposed upon us in which we are operating the trains have to be strictly adhered to. It is therefore imperative that we take every step to ensure we comply to all regulations to the letter.
Thank you to you all for understanding our situation at this very difficult time for us all.