Welcome to the Maths Page
Explore the museums searching for and identifying 2D and 3D shapes. Children are encouraged to think about and discuss the properties of different 2D and 3D shapes. This workshop also helps the children to understand how 3D shapes are constructed from 2D shapes and how such shapes are incorporated into the objects around them.
- Recognise common 2D & 3D shapes, sizes and patterns including repeating patterns
- Identify and describe the properties of 2D & 3D shapes
- Understand that 3D shapes are constructed from 2D shapes
- Compare and sort common 2D & 3D shapes and everyday objects
- 3D shapes, area and volume
- Counting, doubling and halving
Pupils will use a train timetable to plan a day on the Keighley Worth Valley Railway. They will use their understanding of timetables to workout which stations they can visit in the time available. Information will be provided about the heritage and possible activities at each station, which will enable the children to make an informed choice about how to plan their day out and learning opportunities.
- Using train timetables to investigate lengths of journeys and arrival/departure times.
- Examine selected timetables for repeating patterns e.g. hourly, every half hour etc.
- Planning own learning according to the required National Curriculum subjects.
Download & Print this Page, Click HERE.